Hi,

There also insight  which can be found on
http://sources.redhat.com/insight/ and several other GUI frontends for
GDB like KDbg (http://www.kdbg.org/) which is a clean and easy to
learn debugger based on QT. Please notice that debugging on Linux
means pretty much interacting with GDB whatever the tool you're using.
So getting more experience with it is really an added value.

Please note, in order to debug NS, you have to build it in O0 -g mode
to respectively disable any optimization done by the compiler and to
generate debugging symbols and source code references in the final
executable. You can do this by manipulating CFLAGS within
ns-2.29/Makefile.

Best regards,
Ilyes Gouta.