I am simulating a wireless network with nodes arranged in a line

A-------------B---------------C---------------D......

There is a FTP connection from the first node to the last node. The distance
between the nodes is 200m, as per Pt_ parameter the range is 250m. The
simulation runs flawlessly but the results are bizarre. The throughput first
increses with the increasing TCP window size, and then drops. The drop goes
beneath the thoroughput for window size 1. This is absurd as throughout for the
TCP window size of 1 should be the lower bound.

I am binding the window size by maxcwnd_ parameter, is that correct? Is cwnd_
parameter in terms of number packets? Why is cwnd_ parameter a double?

This how I bind the parameter:

set tcp [new Agent/TCP/Newreno]
$tcp set class_ 2
$tcp set packetSize_ 1024
$tcp set maxcwnd_ 5

System parameters: RedHat FC4 (kernel 2.6), ns-2.28

Please help
Tarun