Hi,

Your observations are expected!! The only thing that's going wrong in
your case is that you do './configure' over and over again !! When you
run './configure', it regenerates a new Makefile, which overwrites the
Makefile that you modified. Thus, your changes vanish. So, after you
modify the Makefile, please do not run the 'configure' file again. Just
do 'make' and 'make install'

Regards,
Prashant Batra