Hi,

If you have set your $PATH correctly, you can put your script wherever
you want to. You start ns with the command

'ns <tclscript>'

(assuming that you are in the directory with the ns executable, or that
your path points to that directory), where '<tclscript>' is the name of
a Tcl script file which defines the simulation scenario.

See also:

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/

Best,

-Matt