> I cannot help with the channel hopping. But to find problems with linked
> lists etc. in the C++ part of the code it is always a very good idea to

good tip

> run ns-2 using valgrind. Simulations will use a lot more time to run,
> but every strange or wrong memory access will be recognized.

As I explain here,
http://tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/ns2/ns2_debugging3.html
"Step 1 - Choosing a simpler scenario that is known to be correct", etc

the first step should be to simplify the scenario to make the debug
simulations run faster. A common tip that I use extensively is to generate a
lot less traffic (lower the rate for UDP; use lower link speeds for TCP).

For handling the parameters in the command line, I suggest this
http://tagus.inesc-id.pt/~pestrela/ns2/contributed_code.html#_Toc147652228

Pedro Vale Estrela