Hi Shahatha,

As we say in the report we didn't use aodv, so we really appreciate that
you work on this, it would be good trying to extend the report with your
own experience on AODV.

We have been doing a quick overlook of the aodv code (which we have not
personally used that much) and this is what we can tell for the listings of
chapter 5:

- Listing 5.3 has to be used whenever the AODV needs to send a broadcast
packet, which happens, as far as we can tell, in the following methods of
the aodv.cc file: sendRequest, sendError, sendHello and forward; in this
latter case only when the destination address is broadcast. In all of this,
you should have the following command:
Scheduler::instance().schedule(target_,pkt,*); --- * means either 0 or JITTER
and you should change it for listing 5.3.

- Listing 5.4 has to be used instead of the unicast transmissions of
aodv.cc, this time in sendReply and forward methods. In this case, the
Iface variable has to be the appropriate interface index, which needs to be
stored within the corresponding route table entry (see section 5.3 of the
document).

- Listing 5.5 is the one that allows you to get the correct interface. When
you have to create a route table entry, you need to indicate the
corresponding index for the output interface, which will be used afterwards
to send packets (see previous answer). This means that the corresponding
struct/class for your route table entry needs to be updated, so as to be
able to keep this index.
Thanks to the changes of the mac-802_11.cc file (listing 4.6), the required
value is store on the common header of the packet, that's the cmnh variable
of the listing. Iface will just hold the index that will be used for
creating/updating the route table entry. After a quick overlook of the
code, this seems to be needed in two methods: recvRequest and recvReply.

Cheers,
Ramón