i am facing some problems when i am trying to install ns2 on my machine,

OS is Suse linux 10.1

i have managed to get the installation going ,but things dont work when i
try to install nam-1.12,

i get the error message "cannot find X11 library" when i try to run
./install.

i tried configuring each individual component with

./configure --x-libraries =/usr/X11R6/lib/  --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/

after which i tried running ./install again from the ns-allinone-2.30
directory,this time the program managed to install every component except
nam-1.12, now i get a new error message  "collect2 returned 1 ,unable to
find -lx11"

i will be grateful if someone can help me regarding the installation
process.