Hi all,

I have a problem in a wired-cum-wireless scenario:
in my scene, there are 4 Base Station that make a square.
The distance betwen 2 BS is 1000 m.
I want the transmission range of every BS to be 750m, so that
a mobile node doesn' t lose packets when passes from a BS to another.

I tried to modify the RXthresh_  parameter in the Phy/WirelessPhy field,
according to the program threshold.cc, but in the simulations nothing changes:
The mobile node begins to lose packets 200 m past the BS and resumes the
connection
200 m before the next BS. In some cases, it resumes the connection 10 m before
the BS.
So the mobile node moves for 600 to 800 m without a connection and all the
packets drop.

Then i tried to modify the Pt_ variable. I put it to 1.0, 2.0 and also 20.0. It
doesn' t change
anything.

Then I tried to modify txPower and rxPower of the BSs, I put them to 1000. But
nothing
changed.

So I surrender to the idea that in ns2 the transmission range cannot change.

If someone would show me that I am wrong, I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance!

Salvatore

Scopri se hai Vinto un Tv Color LCD! Clicca qui
http://click.libero.it/webnation1febb07