Hi,

I can tell you that once I tried and could send data at 1Gbps
over
wireless (just as a test) and the transmission rate was set
accordingly.
Notice that by changing that you only affect the
transmission time,
but still have all the overhead and contention due
to 802.11.

bye,

Marco

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Data: 20-mar-2007 2.28 PM
>A: <ns-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Ogg: [ns] help about dataRate_ in Wlan needed!
>

>Dear all,
>
>I change the dataRate_ to 100Mb to check whether the PHY
data rate can be seted just by this.
>And the node is attached with an
UDP agent with CBR traffic.
>And the results show that the throughput
improved just 0.2Mbps,with the CBR rate 448Kb.
>Then I increased the
CBR rate to 2Mb,the throughput didn't change.

>So is there anyone who
has worked on this can tell me that how to make the IEEE802.11 PHY
>data rate supporting high speed.
>
>In my own opinion,it can be
changed by this.Because I think this just affect the receiving time of
packet!
>Any help would be appreciated!
>

>sincerely,
>
>wenping