Hi ns-users,

I have two groups of nodes in my network, and I would like to define two
multicast groups, one for each of them.

The problem is that the traffic sources send the packets to ALL the nodes, and
not only to the nodes within its group.

For example, when source 'a' is transmitting to the group 'a' nodes, nodes of
the group 'b' also receive the packets and reply with a 'prune' packet. After
some time, nodes of the group 'b' do not receive packets from the source 'a',
long time passes and they start receiving again.

Anyone could give me a explanation of this, or knows the solution to the
problem??

Many thanks in advance,

Javier

P.D. I have defined the multicast groups:

set mproto DM
set mrthandle [$ns_ mrtproto $mproto]
set group_a [Node allocaddr]
set group_b [Node allocaddr]

I have defined each udp agent to its corresponding group:

set udp_a [new Agent/UDP]
$udp_a set dst_addr_ $group_a
$udp_a set dst_port_ 0
$ns attach-agent $node(0) $udp_a

I have attached each node to its corresponding group:

$node($i) join-group $sink($i) $group_a

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com