Hello Dr. Daniel,

  Yes, realy I want to simulate the performance of DSR routing protocol using
NS-2 , I did that and compare my results I got with a published paper called "
Performance omparison of Two On-Demand Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks ",
but unfortunatly there were some differences among figures relayed to:
Normalize Routing Load , Average End to End Delay, Packet delivery Ratio. I am
using the same parameters used in the paper , but there is a statement menssion
in the peper talks "
  The radio model uses
  characteristics similar to a commercial radio interface,
  Lucent’s WaveLAN [14, 15]. WaveLAN is modeled as a
  shared-media radio with a nominal bit rate of 2 Mb/s and a
  nominal radio range of 250 m."
  I am didn't understand how I write this parameter in my TCL script file , So
I think the differences in my results  related to this point.

  please see the attach file to see my figures

  Regards

Daniel Mahrenholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Mohammed Abu Hajar schrieb:
> How can I implement(write) Lucent’s WaveLAN propagation model in ns-2 tcl
> script file?, is it like:
> set opt(prop) Propagaion/TwoRayGround, or
> set opt(prop) Propagaion/FreeSpace, or
> set opt(prop) Propagaion/Shadowing.
Don't mix the modelling of a transmitter with the modelling of the
signal propagation.

The model of the card (see answer from Ran Ren) defines what signal is
generated (frequency, power), the antenna characteristics (gain), and
what signals the card is able to receive (*Thresh).

The propagation model defines how the signal changes (signal strength
degradation, noise, etc.) between the transmitter and the receiver.

If you have more specific questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Daniel.

--
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Mahrenholz
rt-solutions.de GmbH