Hai T. Vu schrieb:
> I am working on Mac protocol for wireless network. Let say I have node_(1)
> with cbr traffic sending to node_(0). The cbr traffic will be like this:
> start at 1.0, stop and 2.0, (re)start at 3.0 and stop again at 4.0 second.
> My question is that: at 2.0, how Mac finds out that the traffic is indeed
> done? For example, if node_(2) is a mobile phone, and cbr traffic is the
> voice call, then at 1.0 it needs to set up the call and after 2.0 second it
> needs to tear down the call.
>
> If you know how to do this, please help me. I appreciate any help.

Usually a MAC will not care about calls etc, it only handles individual
data packets. In your terms, the MAC layer knows that there is no more
traffic if its input buffer is empty. If you need a MAC layer that is
aware of the duration of a call you need to implement some cross-layer
interaction, i.e. the layer handling the voice connection needs to pass
this information down to the MAC layer e.g. to (de)allocate ressources
on the medium.

Daniel.

--
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Mahrenholz