Hi,

Venkataramana Badarla schrieb:
>   I am going to use Rayleigh fading model in some of my simulations. However,
>   we do not have this model in NS2. If any one you have solution for this,
>   kindly give me the details.

I think there is an implementation somewhere, but I can't remember where.
>   Further, have any one you used Shadowing model instead of Tworayground
> model.
>   When I ran example file in tcl/ex/wireless-shadowing-test.tcl, it shows a
>   very large string of digits for distCST_ (i.e., carrier sense distance). Is
>   this a problem? If any of you have a working tcl file kindle give me.

This is not a problem. distCST_ is the distance where the propagation
models stops calculating signal strength (because it will be zero) to
reduce the computation time. The shadowing model includes a random
variable that affects the transmission power. Even in large distances
there is a (very) small chance to receive a packet. To be on the save
site, distCST_ is set to a very large value in order to avoid the
optimization.

You can find the setup I used for my simulations in appendix A of my
thesis (http://deposit.ddb.de/cgi-bin/dokserv?idn=980478588).

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Daniel.

--
Dr.-Ing. Daniel Mahrenholz
rt-solutions.de GmbH