The tutorial should be updated! I'm not telling that Mark should do that,
no, but someone on this list should update it!
If I had the qualification, I would volunteer. Unfortunately, I am not
qualified to the work.

an idea:
1- as ns has several release #s (2.30, 2.31...) Mark's Tutorial should also
has a corresponding number (2.30, 2.31 respectively), indicating its
correspondence to ns. I think the modifications to the Tutorial between ns
versions would not be very hard.
2- as many people use the Tutorial to get introduced to ns, why ns
developers don't assume this job (only if Mark doesn't oppose to the idea)?

kindly regards,

Marcos