What I'm trying to do is :
say A and B are routers on the path from source S to destination D,
Now, if a link between A and B fails or goes down, A should send an ICMP
packet to the source S

For this I need to know -
1. what methods are invoked when a link failure occurs
so that I could modify it so as to drop the packet and send an ICMP packet
back to the source.
ne idea how do i do that ?

-DP