I have downloaded the linux patch for ns2 from the following site:
http://www.cs.caltech.edu/~weixl/technical/ns2linux/index.html

The patch is meant to include the implementations for various new congestion
control/avoidance algorithms that have been published to solve the problem
reno has with high bandwidth-delay networks.

I have noticed that when I run the compound TCP algorithm, it acts exactly
like reno.  I then modified the c file to put a simple printf() statement
printing out the value of dwnd (this variable is used to make compound TCP
more aggressive in high bandwidth-delay products), and I have noticed it is
ALWAYS 0.  Am I using compound TCP wrong or was I suppose to change
something, is the protocol flawed or was there an incorrect implementation
in ns2?

Arya Afrashteh
Virginia Tech - CpE Grad Student
[EMAIL PROTECTED]