I now successfully install NS-2 version ns-allinone2.29.3 with cygwin
2.573.2.2 and OS is WindowXP SP-2 and when I run the example I found the
following error.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~
$ cd ..

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /home
$ cd ..

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /
$ cd usr/local

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/local
$ ls
bin            example3.tcl            ns.exe               wireless1.tcl
etc            example4.tcl            out.nam              wireless2.tcl
example1a.tcl  lib                     ping.tcl             wireless3.tcl
example1b.tcl  ns-allinone-2.29.3      simple-wireless.tcl
example2.tcl   ns-allinone-2.29.3.zip  template.tcl

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/local
$ ns example3.tcl
ns: finish: couldn't execute "nam": no such file or directory
    while executing
"exec nam out.nam &"
    (procedure "finish" line 7)
    invoked from within
"finish"

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/local
$

How can I fix this error?

Is it the lack of configuration of system variables or category I choose is
wrong?

I choose the following categories when I installed

XFree86-base,XFree86-bin,XFree86-prog,XFree86-lib,XFree86-etc

make

patch

perl

gcc