Hi,

I have been trying various options for sending TcL messages to NS
during runtime (i.e. to send an updated location to a mobile-node) but
as yet have had no success.
The ultimate goal is a way to couple a mobility generator to NS and
run them both live.

Has anyone yet achieved this, and if so, how.

The options I have been working on are:

1. Pause the scheduler and then send events directly to the scheduler
stack <-- not working well, as the halt command just terminates runtime

2. Setup the Tcl script to read from stdin and then send commands to
it <-- NS doesn't completely parse the tcl script as is waiting for
more input and so never gets to simulation runtime

3. I believe there must be a way to use the emulate mode of NS to send
data in through a socket that is interpreted by NS as a command, but
haven't a clue where to start on this.

Any help would be really really appreciated!

Many thanks,

Tom.

Tom Hewer

PhD Research Student