In ns-2.31/aov/aodv.cc, I believe you will need to make changes to
recvRequest(Packet* p) method. Good luck. Maybe you'll need to make a queue
and add the packet to the queue and wait until that queue is empty before
responding or use some sort of callback mechanism.

--
Muhammad Saqib Ilyas
PhD Student, Computer Science and Engineering