Hi,

TCP itself cannot generated traffic. It receives a demand for data
transmission from a user. For example, you may use FTP and indicate that
a user has infinite demand to transfer data. TCP then takes that demand
and keep transmitting packets (practically forever).

If you want to create your own traffic. You are looking for application.
I'm not sure which type of traffic you are looking for (e.g., CBR,
exponential ON-OFF).

I suggest you to go through chapters 9-11 (esp. ch11) in the following
book from Springer:

T. Issaraiyakul and E. Hossain, "Introduction to Network Simulator
NS2", Springer 2008.

Here is the link:
http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/book/978-0-387-71759-3

You might also find the following slide useful:
http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~teerawat/NS2.htm<http://www.ece.ubc.ca/%7Eteerawat/NS2.htm>

Best,
Teerawat