Hi Hamideh

Neighbour Discovery in NS-2 is easy. You may have these options:

1. Use Hello Packets for neighbor discovery.
2. Use Communication range for neighbour discovery.
3. Use Nodes Positions for neighbor discovery.

So, it totally depends upon you, how you discover your neighbours.

Thanks
Regards

Mubashir Husian Rehmani
LIP6, UPMC, Paris, France.