Dear Howard,

The easiest way to transmit from one NsObject (e.g. Nodes) to another is
through a (C++ and Tcl) Connector object. A connector has two pointers
to NsObjects: target_ and drop_. In the OTcl domain, it uses an OTcl
commands "target" and "drop" (followed by the name of the NsObject)
to specify its "forwarding object" and "dropping object"

A Connector object recieves a Packet "p" through its funciton
recv(p,h). Upon receiving a packet, the Connector object forwards the
packet "p" to its forwarding object by executing
"target_->recv(p,h)". To drop a packet, the function drop(p) of a
Connector object is invoked. In this case, the packet is forwarded to
the dropping object "*drop_" which is responsible for destroying the
packet.

To find out more about Connector please refer to chapter 5 in the
following book from Springers:

If you are a beginning user, you may look at the following book from
Springer.

T. Issaraiyakul and E. Hossain, "Introduction to Network Simulator
NS2", Springer 2008.

Here is the link:
http://www.springer.com/engineering/signals/book/978-0-387-71759-3

You might also find the following slide useful:
http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~teerawat/NS2.htm<http://www.ece.ubc.ca/%7Eteerawat/NS2.htm