Hi,

you must install a (more) complete Cygwin to solve this.

But a better better way to use NS-2 in Windows is install it on a
Virtual Machine with Linux.

I use virtualbox (virtualbox.org)
Ubuntu 8.10 32-bit (ubuntu.com)
NS-2 [newer] (http://sourceforge.net/projects/nsnam)

After download and install virtualbox, create a VM for Ubuntu.

Download and use Ubuntu 8.10 ISO image to mount a CD inside the VM
(this is easy with virtualbox)

Install Ubuntu.

>From the firefox inside Ubuntu, download NS-2 inside the VM.

Install NS-2.
ALERT! To install NS-2 on Ubuntu, you must use those commands before
(install some packs):

sudo aptitude install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev

I promess you, after this step, NS-2 will install and work smoothly forever!

Follow the installation messages of NS-2.

Sidney Doria
UFCG / BRAZIL

--
Sidney Doria
Redes ad hoc móveis

"Nessa jornada, o conhecimento será o seu escudo..."
(Mestre dos Magos no episódio do grimoire de ouro)