to use the trace graph you have to do some operations:

- get the information taht you need from the trace file (*.tr) exemple
delay, loss ratio by using either awk langage or Perl langage. and you will
put this results by redirection on a file (*.xgr)
- you go under ns-allinone/bin and you put this command :
./xgraph *.xgr (you have to look if there is some needed options)...

that is the general principle of using xgraph..

NB : i hope that i help you, because i have just began using ns..

good luck