From: Helber Wagner <wagner...@yahoo.com.br>
To: ns-users@ISI.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, 16 June, 2009 7:30:21 AM
Subject: [ns] Res: Urgent :Problem with implementing Ricean Propagation Model

Check out this post: http://www.mail-archive.com/ns-users@isi.edu/msg06522.html

Hope it helps.

___________________________________
Helber Wagner da Silva
MSc. Student in Applied Informatics
University of Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil

________________________________
De: Lokendra S <lucky2006...@yahoo.co.in>
Enviadas: Segunda-feira, 15 de Junho de 2009 7:34:27

Hi,
I am trying to simulate a problem of wireless networks (code snippet given
below) using Ricean Propagation Model,but on trying to run, I am getting error:
invalid command name "Propagation/Ricean" (detailed error given below)

For removing the error, i tried the following steps
1)Applied wireless patch hence adding prop_ricean.h and prop_ricean.cc to the
~/ns/mobile
2)./configure and 'make' then 'make install' in ns directory

But still I am getting the same error. Please help

Detailed Error:
num_nodes is set 20
invalid command name "Propagation/ricean"
    while executing
"Propagation/ricean create _o13 "
    invoked from within
"catch "$className create $o $args" msg"
    invoked from within
"if [catch "$className create $o $args" msg] {
if [string match "__FAILED_SHADOW_OBJECT_" $msg] {
delete $o
return ""
}
global errorInfo
error "class $..."
    (procedure "new" line 3)
    invoked from within
"new $propType_"
    (procedure "_o3" line 34)
    (Simulator node-config line 34)
    invoked from within
"$ns_ node-config -adhocRouting $val(adhocRouting) \
-llType $val(ll) \
-macType $val(mac) \
-ifqType $val(ifq) \
-ifqLen $val(ifqlen) \
-antType $val(..."

Code-snippet used in script
set val(chan) Channel/WirelessChannel
set val(prop) Propagation/Ricean ;# radio-propagation model
set val(netif) Phy/WirelessPhy
set val(mac) Mac/802_11
set val(ifq) CMUPriQueue ;# for dsr
set val(ll) LL
set val(ant) Antenna/OmniAntenna
set val(x) 500 ;# X dimension of the topography
set val(y) 500 ;# Y dimension of the topography
set val(ifqlen) 50 ;# max packet in ifq
set val(adhocRouting) DSR
set val(nn) 20 ;# how many nodes are simulated
set val(cn) 10 ;# how many connections
set val(stop) 200 ;# simulation time

But when i try to run the program, I get the error

Thanx in advance
-Lokendra Singh

      Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to
http://in.movies.yahoo.com/

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

 From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Click here.

      Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India
Travel http://in.travel.yahoo.com/