Hello,
 I'm new to ns2. I use ns 2.34.
I need to calculate distances between nodes using RSSI. I try to access the
received power strength from C++ code using
*pkt->txinfo_.RxPr*
In the recv() function of my custom Agent.
When I use Phy/WirelessPhy as a physical layer it gives me meaningful values
like 1.xx e-8.
However, when I switch to Phy/WirelessPhyExt it gives me garbage. Sometimes
it gives me values like 9.1e-261 or -3e-10.
I traced the code and I found that sendUp() function at WirelessPhyExt class
calculates the Pr value but doesn't store it in any place.

Also I found this comment in PacketStamp class

*  /* WILD HACK: The following two variables are a wild hack.
     They will go away in the next release...
     They're used by the mac-802_11 object to determine
     capture.  This will be moved into the net-if family of
     objects in the future. */
  double RxPr;            // power with which pkt is received
  double CPThresh;        // capture threshold for recving interface*
Does this mean there's another way in code that I can check the received
power strength?
I tried to dig in the code but with no success.

--
regards,
Ahmed Saad