Hi,

I am trying to use the energy model to track the energy consumption of my
protocol in wireless networks. I have the 802.11 as the MAC layer and AODV
as routing protocol. Then, above on them, I implemented my own protocol.

The problem is that I do not know how to use the Energy Model provided in
ns2.34.
Is there any tutorial available or docs for the Energy Model?

I have referred to ns Manual. But the explanation there is really outdated.

I have also search online and only find a notification for the update in
Energy Model.
http://www.isi.edu/ilense/software/smac/ns2_energy.html
and there is an example:
-energyModel $opt(energymodel) \
             -idlePower 1.0 \
             -rxPower 1.0 \
             -txPower 1.0 \
             -sleepPower 0.001 \
             -transitionPower 0.2 \
             -transitionTime 0.005 \
             -initialEnergy $opt(initialenergy)

I understand the values above.
Another question is that I have looked into the source codes in
wireless-phy.cc, and do the above commands in tcl set the relative value in
wireless-phy class?
For example, does idelPower 1.0 set the P_idle_ in WirelessPhy class to 1.0?

Thanks.

Yi Gong
darkblue.win...@gmail.com