Message: 4
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:02:17 +0530
From: Panchal Shaileshkumar <08mce...@nirmauni.ac.in>
Subject: [ns] Total energy consumption using LEACH protocol
To: ns-users@ISI.EDU

Dear Panchal,
                     I am also working on Leach.I am using mannasim to
implement leach.Although you have not provided the code but according to
what you have mentioned, the following is the explanation,
                  The energy mentioned is in *mJ(mili).* Initially each node
has 2000mJ of energy. At the end of the simulation (after 542 sec)total
energy is 292mJ i.e (292/100)2.92 mJ per node if all nodes have been
assigned the same Tx/Rx energy including the cluster heads.Total no of nodes
which are alive are 4 which can still transmit/recieve data packets.
The calculation approx is as follows acc to the data,
Total energy=2*100*1000mj=200000mj
  Assume   Energy to transmit/recieve for each node=3mj
 Data packets transmit recived=55934
Therefore,Energy require to Transmit data=55934*3mj=167802mj
Add to this route packets and other overhead transmission of 32000(approx)
TOTAL=199707mj
Therefore Energy left=293mj ,Nodes alive=4.
Hope this solve your problem.

Regards
Aakash Dave