Hi Hassan,

I did some test on NS2 installation few weeks ago. Here is the result

http://www.ns2ultimate.com/post/439346614/working-combination-ns-2-34-ubuntu-8-04-and-perhaps

There is a problem with the current linux-like distribution. Here is the
solution

http://www.ns2ultimate.com/post/441093095/ns-2-35-works-on-cygwin

I get ns-2.34 working on Ubuntu 8.04. But I'm not sure about ns-2.29. I
hope this will help.

Best Wishes,

Teerawat Issariyakul
http://www.ns2ultimate.com/