Hi Faraz,

You need to recompile ns2, so that the changes taken into effect by using

make clean
make
sudo make install

Moreover, it may happen that the printf that you inserted may not be
encountered by the program pointer. I mean, you need to put prinft in the
appropriate position of the mac protocol (cf. the pdf below for mac).

http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/~kliu/research/ns2code/note.pdf<http://www.cs.binghamton.edu/%7Ekliu/research/ns2code/note.pdf>

Hope it helps
Regards

Mubashir Husain Rehmani