---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: El Hadi Cherkaoui <elhadi.cherka...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 13:03:18 +0100
Subject: [ns] strenge behivor in NS2.29 + NIST mobility model
To: ns-users@isi.edu

Dear ns users,

I am working on the NIST mobility model for heterogeneous network. In
my tcl script I have set one wifi AP , 1 wimax BS and enable UMTS
communications for the whole coverage area.

The AP and BS are set in the seme position (1000,1000)

I set the position of my terminal (containing 3
interfaces:wifi+umts+wimax) on (800,1000)  and moves straight toward
(2500,1000)

My Wifi AP coverage is 50 meters ie from (950 to 1050)m and my Wimax
coverage is 1km (0 to 2000)m

I expect that with a defined Handover algorithm receive packets:
>From 800 to 950: wimax
>From 950 to 1050: wifi
>From 1050 to 2000: wimax
>From 2000 to 2500: umts

but I figure it out that from 1000 to 1050 wifi packets are dropped by
the AP and not flow is received in this region .... why ?

second scenario, I start the movement of mobil from x=1001 to 2500 and
it receives perfectly wifi packet in the zone [1000-1050].

So my question is : why when only the terminal crosses the center of
the AP it doesn't receive any wifi packets ?

thanx in adv for your reply !!

H.