first of all you should determine which layer is responsible for dropping
the packet?
I suppose it's routing agent, for example. then, put this line wherever you
want to drop the packet p:
 drop(p, DROP_RTR_YOUR_REASON);
put this at line 97 in file %NS_DIRECTORY%/trace/cmu-trace.h
#define DROP_RTR_YOUR_REASON     "XXX"
then run the following command:
touch %NS_DIRECTORY%/trace/cmu-trace.cc
now you can make the ns code. when the ns drops a packet under your
condition, the trace will be like this:
D 2.828954441 1 RTR  XXX 2 cbr 512 [0 0 0 0] ------- [1:0 20:0 32 0] [2] 0
3 0

Good luck!