On 08/29/2012 06:50 AM, behnaz.bostanip...@unil.ch wrote:
>> I'm not able to reproduce that error, so I would like to
>> see some  examples of the diffed output.  Would you mind
>> collecting all of the  *.test output files for the tests
>> that failed and send them to me in a  tarball, such as:
>>
>> cd tcl/tests
>> find . -name "*.test" -type f | xargs tar cvfj
>> ns-2-diffs.tbz2
>>
>> and send me the ns-2-diffs.tbz2 file?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>

> Here you are, I exactly execuuted your command, but not sure
> if it has all the outputs that we want (i.e., for tests:
> "test-all-tcpLinux", "test-all-tcpHighspeed", "test-all-red"
> and "test-all-cbq".

There seem to be a few things going on here.

for the test-all-cbq and test-all-red files, the data seems correct but
the formatting is slightly off:  there are commas for periods in some of
the outputs.  e.g.

test-output-red/flows-combined.test
> ==> flows_combined.test <==
> TitleText: test_flows_combined
> Device: Postscript
>
> "flow  1
> 84,8786 74,1902
> 48,3181 46,8733

vs. test-output-red/flows-combined (good output)
> TitleText: test_flows_combined
> Device: Postscript
>
> "flow  1
> 84.8786 74.1902
> 48.3181 46.8733

This may have something to do with the version of xgraph on the system.

for the tcpLinux and tcpHighspeed tests, there are lines missing (either
truncated, or interleaved in the test output) from the output when
compared to the reference output.  I don't know whether this is again a
post-processing error or whether the simulation is not producing the
same data.

The test-output-xcp data is different:

0.12186 4200000
0.12186 4200000
0.12186 4200000
0.12228 8
0.12228 8

vs

0.12186 4200000
0.12186 4200000
0.12186 4200000
0.12228 8190000
0.12228 8190000

In summary, I would be suspicious of the use of the tcpLinux,
tcpHighspeed, and xcp models on this platform.  To debug this probably
requires to step through the code at the points where the output
diverge, using also a platform such as Linux that produces the reference
output.

I don't have ns-2 running on Mountain Lion yet but I'll check whether
similar issues arise there.

- Tom