Hello everyone! I am a researcher and I am new to using ns2.35 for my
simulations. For my current research, I am trying to simulate energy
harvesting in SMAC during the sleep periods of the nodes. I have implemented
a simple energy harvesting algorithm in the energy module of ns2.

(My TCL file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/33GuWhma)

My problem is that every time I set the syncFlag_ of SMAC in the TCL file to
1 (which activates periodic sleep):

Mac/SMAC set syncFlag_ 1
Mac/SMAC set dutyCycle 10

..the nodes do not send data. Network throughput is ZERO.

But when I turn periodic sleep off (Mac/SMAC set syncFlag_ 0, without
changing other parameters in the TCL file), data delivery ratio is 100%. So,
basically, whenever I activate sleep periods, I get my energy harvesting
algorithm to work BUT no data delivered. When I turn off periodic sleep,my
energy harvesting algorithm won't work BUT data delivery is 100%.

Can you guys tell me what's happening here? I need both energy
harvesting/periodic sleep and data delivery to work.

(My TCL file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/33GuWhma)