Really thanks for your friendly response!!

I wanna check the meaning of that guide for ensure I have no misunderstood
something.

My cognition is the packet will be a big size , cause all type of packet
header will be included into one packet .

And if the packet number is big , it will be a heavy load for memory.

So we should use a receive function for free the memory .

Here I have a little question that in my tcl script

First I use two node linked, one for my new Agent with exeponential traffic
generator,

one for [new Agent/null].

Is the "null" agent doesn't have recv function for free the memory?

Or just because my new packet type , so it can't recognize then free it?

Really thanks your help!