Hi,

  Suppose I have an array called ArrayA, and I want to save a
reference to it.

    ArrayB = ArrayA

So that I can now use ArrayA for something else:

    ArrayA = ""

I can now use ArrayA for something else; however, ArrayB still
contains the array in case I need it.

The question is this:  Is the ArrayB = ArrayA statement a "reference
assignment", or does it involve an item by item copy?

The reason I ask is that in my case ArrayA may be at a given time
rather large, and if it involves an item by item copy, it seems to me
it might take a long time to do the copy; on the other hand, if it is
just a reference assignment, then it would be instantaneous.

I know that in the case of object, it is just a reference assignment,
but I don't know for arrays and other variables what it is doing.

Anyone knows?

Best regards,
Edgard