Thanks Chris for this clarification.

This is certainly a simple and cost effective way to do this.

Bob

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chris Kenworthy
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re(2): [nsbasic-ce] How to prevent exiting from my application

As per the "Documentation Changes for Version 6.0.4" at
http://www.nsbasic.com/ce/info/enhancements.htm

"Output_Close: (Pocket PC) This event is sent to a program if
ShowOKButton = True. You can do normal processing here, including
MsgBox statements. The program will not actually exit unless you have
a Bye statement in the subroutine. (Note that is a change from
previous versions). If ShowOKButton = True and you do not have an
Output_Close subroutine, the program will exit. If ShowOKButton =
False, the operation will be as always: the program will keep
running, but the next program in the hierarchy will appear on the
screen."

So, if you have showokbutton = true, AND you define an output_close
method that does not hit a bye statement, then you can keep tapping
on 'ok' and it won't actually close the program. (I just tested this
one out.) But you have to have an output_close method of your own, if
you leave it unspecified, then the default output_close behaviour
is 'bye'

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:nsbasic-ce%40yahoogroups.com> ,