It seems that Microsoft still looks on installing to a card as something
unusual - why should it be any different?

It always annoys me that Activesync can recognise that software is already
installed, but doesn't seem to know where it is installed to update it
automatically.

I've had a look at Wceload, but I don't think I'm going to get very far on this
one..