Hi,

A friend of mine is a .NET programmer.   He uses Visual Basic.NET to program
Windows Mobile applications.

He confirmed to me that using Visual Basic.NET he CAN access an SQL Server 2005
database on a desktop machine from his programs on the PDA without any
additional software.  He says that with MSSQL he has a choice of working
directly with databases on the device and/or databases on the desktop, and that
this is built-in in the SQL Server libraries installed on the device.

I must say I want to do this using NSBasic :-)

My first hurdle is how to install SQL Server's libraries on the device without
using Visual Studio.  Can any of you guys help me with this?   I have been
searching on the internet, but can't find a clear explanation on what I need to
download, nor install.

In addition, if anyone has worked with SQL Server and can share code on how to
access the database on the device (run queries, traverse the recordset,
etc...), I would appreciate these too.

This sounds very interesting, and something worthwhile implementing on the
NSBasic platform.

Best regards,
Edgard