On 7 Dec 2005, Dru Brooke-Taylor wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Winter Wren of Seattle, NPS Magazine Page 39,
> First in composition competition, is troglodytes troglodytes? If so
> it's the same one as we know which also looks like the little woodcut
> on the next page,

Dru:
The woodcut was sent to me by the composer when I made exactly the
same enquiry - thinking that probably a 'Winter Wren' would turn out
to be something different to 'ours', as with the American Robin.

I should maybe have added a note to this effect since I couldn't fit
the illustration on the same page. Certainly the tune reminds me of
what was singing very loudly in my backyard as I was compiling the
mag.

Hope this helps
Julia