From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:56 AM
To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [NSP] Re: Winter Wren - 6 xii 2005

On 7 Dec 2005, Dru Brooke-Taylor wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Winter Wren of Seattle, NPS Magazine Page 39,
> First in composition competition, is troglodytes troglodytes? If so
> it's the same one as we know which also looks like the little woodcut
> on the next page,

Dru:
The woodcut was sent to me by the composer when I made exactly the same
enquiry - thinking that probably a 'Winter Wren' would turn out to be
something different to 'ours', as with the American Robin.

I should maybe have added a note to this effect since I couldn't fit the
illustration on the same page. Certainly the tune reminds me of what was
singing very loudly in my backyard as I was compiling the mag.

Hope this helps
Julia