From: John Liestman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 May 2006 19:57
To: Sam Edwards
Cc: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [NSP] Re: to choyte or not to choyte

Actually page 33, I believe, describes those squiggly lines as vibrato
markings
(whereas a small TR denotes trills), and the music for Rusty Gulley has the
vibrato squiggles. I agree with you that vibrato is better there than a
trill,
although my trill is lousy. I will now yield the floor to better players
than
me to discuss trills vs vibratos.

And, on that topic, what do the more knowledgable players think about
vibrato,
since it is a multi-holes-open technique (or can be)?