>      From: "Bos, Guido" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>      Subject: [NSP] Second hand burleigh pipes

>      >I ran across someone selling his 7 key, 4 drone Burleigh Northumbrian
>      >smallpipes.
>      >Can someone tell me if 430 UKP is a fair price?

Guido:

Find out if the set is "working". And don't take the sellers word,
you need to hear it, each drone, and the chanter, sounding a
clear(ish) note. In the case of the chanter, all the way up the
scale.

If it isn't working, there could be a multitude of reasons, some
simple, some complex. You could face a bill of up to around a further
200 GBP to make it so. On the other hand, you might be lucky.

If you can find anyone to fix it.

Good luck
Julia