I=B9m glad to see that I=B9m not the only one who enjoyed the piece =AD though I
would agree that the sound balance between the pipes, the cor anglais and
the strings wasn=B9t right.

Isn=B9t it important, though, that we take each piece on its merits? Maxwell
Davies wasn=B9t trying to write a in a =B3traditional=B2 mode =AD and though I
take
Chris Ormston=B9s point about the intervals, surely we shouldn=B9t judge a piece
of music by standards which simply don=B9t apply to it. I have to say that I
write from within a general liking for Maxwell Davies=B9 music, so perhaps I=B9m
prejudiced in its favour.

And, as  always, I=B9m full of admiration for the playing Kathryn Tickell,
just as I am for  that of more traditional players. They reach heights to
which I can never aspire!

Roger Howard