From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu
Sent: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 11.48AM
Subject: [NSP] reed making

Julia said:
'To the best of my knowledge only Colin has written down his method.
Others regard theirs as trade secrets or have simply not got round to
it.'

Anita has an illustrated description of her method on our website:

http://www.evansweb.co.uk/pipes/reedmake/chant.htm

The biggest difference between her method and Colin's is that she works
with dry cane. She makes it flexible when wrapping round the staple by
heating the end of the staple using a camping stove. The heat is
conducted up the staple and into the cane. This works very well.

Cheers
Richard

BTW, I have no idea how Archie Dagg made reeds, but I'd be very
interested to know.
--
Richard Evans