On 31 Oct 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The arrangement of the lower keys can never be standardised and it
> is a question of customising for each individual depending on the
> number of keys .... The alternatives that
> Julia mentions .... each has its merits and drawbacks.

Since to my knowledge Colin has experimented with a number of
alternatives, and is still doing so, I was interested in the opinions
of those who may have one of his -or others- designs, to hear how
they work in use by the ten fingered. (or more in some cases!!)

Rather than those who reach for a fiddle every time the music
disappears below the stave lines or over the speed limit.......<v.
big grin>

> If standardisation occurs at all it will only be ...until a born again
> Boehm comes up with a completely new systemof keywork.

Well I've no ambitions in that direction (sorry, Ross A), I prefer to
work with and optimise traditional designs....hence the query.

> Master pipemaker and fountain of all knowledge concerning making
> NSP's(?)

Yeah, right.....just because I used my professional sig file so
readers were clear which hat I was/ was not wearing.....
<even bigger grin>

Ignore him, folks, I'll argue with him later!

Cheers
Julia