I've had replies to this letting me know its Shrove Tuesday which might be a stretch to count as the current season - but I may just stretch it.

My thinking with it is that "Chevy Chase" is used at the game, "The Lads of Alnwick" take part in it and "Lamshaw's Fancy" could round out the set as Lamshaw would once have led the procession from the Castle. A trivia tie-in for young American school kids who won't know what the hell I'm talking about is that many of them will , unknowingly, have seen Alnwick Castle in the quiditch scenes of the Harry Potter films.

So is Shrove Tuesday wintery enough......

Ian

Ian Lawther wrote:
Anyone know when the town football takes/took place in Alnwick....was that a winter time tradition?

Ian