Accidentally sent to Matt offlist - finger slip.

On 5 Apr 2008, Matt Seattle wrote:

> there
> are 2 main versions, one is very old  - I think it's also this
> version ('The Liltin') that's played by the brass band at the
> Selkirk Common Riding.

Thanks, Matt - I have access to "The Liltin" in "The Scots Fiddle"
(J.Murray Neil) which you were selling some years ago.

> The other one is the more elaborate 4-strain version in the Scots
> Musical Museum, a song book to which R Burns contributed heavily.
> This verson seems to be the source of the 3 which Julia quotes. This
> is also the source of the GHB versions, though these are 'topped and
> tailed' and don't have C nat.

Thanks. The first of my 3 versions was transcribed by me from the CD,
the other two originate from a Kerrs volume to which I don't have
access. Since the Scots Musical Museum is dated 1771, and therefore
predates Kerrs collections by about a century, can anyone kindly
direct me to a copy? ***
I'd be interested to compare them.

> I wouldn't wish
> to make a choice for NSP players

I'm hoping a few will chip in and give some opinions - if I ask for
them, it means I'm interested in them!

Cheers
Julia

*** Since I wrote this I've discovered 7 copies on abebooks.com -
complete ones starting at 150 UKP    :-(