From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 May 2008 15:07
To: nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [NSP] Re: SNP Tune South Wind

On 3 May 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does any one know the origins of the tune South Wind from the
> Northumbrian  Piper's Second Tune Book Page 34. Is it Northumbrian,
> Scottish or Irish?

Well, googling "South Wind" "traditional tune" brings up a lot of
sites with Irish, Gaelic, or waltz in the description, so.....

I've always assumed it's Irish. So perhaps your typo in the title
"SNP" tune wasn't quite what you meant. Flower of Scotland, anyone?
<grin>

Hope this helps
Julia

Checked by AVG.