I guess "All types of pipes" was always going to be a shambles - a bit like "All types of stringed instruments" would be! Or the fact that most of the nation associates Holmfirth with tedious, safe Sunday evening TV, somewhere between the antiques slot and the god slot!

Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "nsp" <nsp@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:34 PM
Subject: [NSP] Holmfirth

Hello all,
the Holmfirth 'all types of pipes' was a shambles. The only pipers were Mark Carmichael and Brian Howard and a bit of an audience. I arrived at 1245, shorlty before Dave Ashton, but it had finished at 1200, also in the pamphlet, it did say 1200 finishing time. I've asked Dave and the woman who organises the festival for a 1400hrs to 1600hrs slot next year.
Adrian